Roentgenhaus | © Esser-Taylor


Pfarrstr. 51, 56564 Neuwied

Built in 1774/1776 by David Roentgen in the early neoclassical style as a home and workshop. Now privately owned. Abraham and David Roentgen were important cabinetmakers of European importance working in the styles of Rococo and Neoclassicism. Permanent exhibition of Roentgen furniture in the Roentgen museum at Raiffeisenplatz near the main train station.

Abraham Roentgen came to Neuwied as a master carpenter at the invitation of Count Friedrich Alexander zu Wied along with many other Herrnhut families. He first had a workshop opposite the present Roentgen House, which is no longer preserved. He made ornate furniture, caskets and desks with many secret compartments for princes and royalty. Even Queen Elisabeth called a Roentgen desk her own. In 1763/64 Abraham Roentgen built a new, representative residential building with a workshop in the classicist style in Pfarrstraße. His son David took over the business in 1772. Translated with (free version)


Um diesen Inhalt zu sehen müssen Sie den Drittanbieter Cookies zustimmen.

Das Roentgenhaus
Pfarrstr. 51
56564 Neuwied

Plan route