ehemalige evangelische Waldalgesheimer Kirche
The church ground plan, which is visible again, is a reminder of the history of damage caused by mining subsidence and today serves as a landmark of the "submerged" village. The green area is located on the new road north of the Celtic Hall. As a result of the extraction of iron manganese ore in the Amalienhöhe mine field to the north, subsidence began to affect the village of Waldalgesheim from 1908. The houses of the predominantly oldest part of the village had to be demolished. Of the 268 houses and farms existing in 1908, 177 were located in the mining area recognized as a damage area. By the 1970s, 157 properties had been demolished. There were no replacements for 37 houses and farms. In the new village district, 124 new replacements were built. The Catholic and Protestant churches in the damage area and the "quarry site" respectively also had to be demolished.