Teufelstreppe, 56077 Koblenz
Originally, the staircase was a protected connection between the Glockenberg fortess, built in 1822, and the Horchheimer Tor fortification, installed in 1858. In an emergency, the defense of Horchheim and the Pfaffendorfer Bridge would have been guaranteed. With the dissolution of the works in 1900, the transformation of the connection into a civil connection began between the districts of Pfaffendorf and Pfaffendorfer Höhe. In 2014, after a long sleep, the staircase was made accessible to the public again as a hiking trail.