Willi-Hörter Platz, 56068 Koblenz
During the French rule in Koblenz in the 19th century, the name was used as a local variation of the French "Jean", a name for the occupiers from France and for the children, the "Schängelchen", who arose from the fraternization. The nickname remained and in 1914 Josef Cornelius wrote the Schängel song, which is still very popular today and which finally cemented the name. In 1941 the artist Carl Burger unveiled the Schängel Fountain, made of bronze and basalt, which since then has been spitting cheerfully on the town hall square. The Mayen boy Rudolf Dany served as the model.