Rheinstraße 11, 56220 Urmitz/Rhein
The foundation stone for the Urmitz parish church was laid on 17 June 1772, after the previous building had been demolished under the direction of the Electorate of Trier's master builder Nikolaus Lauxem. The solemn consecration was performed by Archbishop Clemens Wenzeslaus himself on 11 August 1776. The originally single-nave church has a special cultural-historical value not only because of its silhouette, which was enriched by a bell tower in 1924, but also because of the completely preserved interior. Together with the generous rococo interior, the Urmitz St. George's Church also received a new organ. It was built in 1775 by the organ builder Ignaz Senft from Koblenz. In 1925, the Cologne company Johannes Klais built a new pipework behind the baroque case. After a first restoration in 1967, the interior of the organ was completely renewed in 1996.