Andernacher Straße 106, 56070 Koblenz
The Neuendorf Flesche was built in 1820 as part of the fortress system of Emperor Franz under the direction of the Prussian chief engineer Cornely. The former outer grave wall with its gallery and the mine passages leading into the apron have been preserved underground. After completion of the Flesche in 1825, troops of two infantry regiments immediately occupied the Neuendorf Flesche. In 1911 the fortress was dragged above ground and built over with today's Rhine barracks. The extensive underground corridors have been preserved in their old form except for a small section and can be visited on guided tours.