The Michelfeldturm II rises with its five floors to the proud height of 20 meters. This mighty shell tower measures 7.80 meters in width at its base and projects 5 meters in front of the city wall. The individual floors had beamed ceilings. It was possible to climb up on ladder stairs. Each floor had embrasures on all three sides. The uppermost one had rectangular window openings and a wooden battlements. The side facing the city was closed by a wooden wall, as the recessed beam holes suggest. In the past, the tower had a high pyramidal roof, as all old views of the town show. Such high shell towers as the Michelfeldturm II, because they have only three masonry disks, are statically not very stable. The medieval builders improved the statics of the towers open to the city side by an ingenious system of wooden wall ties. Thick oak beams braced the three tower walls together, compensating for the lack of stability that a fourth wall slice would have provided. Because these wall ties rotted over time, one-third of the southern tower cheek of Michelfeldturm II collapsed in 1938. However, the tower has been restored.