Citykirche (ehem. Jesuitenkirche)
Jesuitenplatz 4, 56073 Koblenz
From 1613-17 the church building was erected by the Jesuit orders as part of the new monastery building. In 1638-48 the church was decorated in baroque style, but after its destruction in 1944 only the western façade facing the Jesuit Square with its wheel window and impressive Renaissance portal was preserved. The new building was built from 1958-59 as a hall by Gottfried Böhm in elegant, simple forms of concrete and natural stone and carefully built into the existing square. Today the church is looked after by the Dean's Office in Koblenz and, as a city church, offers space for meetings in the city centre.