15:00 - 17:00
Wilhelmstraße 8, 56338 Braubach
church of St. Barbara
The former parish church of St. Barbara from 1276 is today the parish hall of the Protestant parish of Braubach. The tower of St. Barbara's Church served as a defense tower in the 13th century and was part of the city's fortifications. In the church interior there are wall paintings of art-historical importance. The early Gothic paintings on the choir arch were made before 1330 and depict women from the parable of the wise and foolish virgins. Also from this period is the mural painting of Calvary in the former sacristy. There are also two voluminous depictions of the apostles from the end of the 15th century.
Landgravine Anna Elisabeth von Pfalz-Simmern (1559-1609), who lived in Philippsburg Castle in Braubach, had the church expanded at the end of the 16th century.
After the construction of the flood-proof St. Mark's Church in 1901, it was converted into a community center. The parish hall can be visited on request. Civil weddings take place in the church hall.