Bastian Gastronomie Betrieb, 56068 Koblenz
The wine village Koblenz was founded in 1925 on the occasion of the "Reichsausstellung Deutscher Wein". The exhibition took place as part of the celebrations of the 1000th anniversary of the Rhineland. Four stylistically different buildings were erected for the exhibition, which were based on typical winegrowers' houses from the German wine-growing regions. Here the individual wine-growing regions and wine producers presented their wine products during the Reichsausstellung. The wine village, originally built only for the duration of the exhibition, soon became so popular that it was permanently preserved as a tourist attraction.
During the Second World War, the wine village was destroyed in an air raid and rebuilt in its present, slightly simplified form in 1951. During this time, a "miniature vineyard" was planted behind the Koblenz wine village. With just 750 vines on 1500 square metres, the "Schnorbach Brückstück" is still the smallest registered vineyard in the whole of Germany. Today, the winegrowing village is dedicated to gastronomy. In the wine houses you can dine in style or get to know the Koblenz customs in a rustic way.