St. Elisabeth Kirche
Moselweißer Straße 37, 56073 Koblenz-Rauental
On January 15, 1933, the first St. Elisabet Church, consecrated after St. Elisabeth of Thuringia, was built from a Prussian riding hall. This was preceded by the population development and the expansion of today's Rauental as a residential area. On 1 August 1954, the new church at its present location in Moselweiser Straße was solemnly consecrated. The architects Dominikus and Winfried Böhm designed a simple, trapezoidal, spacious hall. The south facing choir is semicircular. Connected to the outside is a separate baptistery with an umbrella roof made of concrete shells and, like the rest of the building, bricked with bricks. The freestanding bell tower was completed in 1962 and is a landmark visible from afar. Today the church is used as a youth church of the diocese of Trier under the name "X-Ground". Concerts, bazaars and vernissages regularly take place there.