Kurfürstliches Schloss, Rheinseite

Kurfürstliches Schloss Koblenz

56068 Koblenz

Direct access to the Rhine Promenade, with its ship’s quay and the cable car station as well as parks, make the contemporary palace complex a visitors’ magnet.

The Second World War had severely pressed the Electoral Palace of Koblenz: in 1944, the estate constructed from 1777 onwards burned down completely. While the main building was reconstructed in 1950/51 to be entirely identical on the outside, the side wings underwent a major transformation. Nevertheless, as one of the last royal palaces built in Germany shortly before the French Revolution, the ensemble, which characterises the cityscape of Koblenz up to today, has major significance. Its history is eventful: alone in the thirty years after being built, the palace had three owners. After the flight of the Electors from the approaching army of the French Revolution in 1794, first the French and then the Prussians moved in. The classical building thereby also stands for an exceedingly changing history of use, where today it is an important site for events.

Kurfürstliches Schloss, Rheinseite
Vordereingang Schloss

Kurfürstliches Schloss Koblenz

56068 Koblenz
Kurfürstliches Schloss Koblenz
56068 Koblenz


Plan route