The Sayner Hütte, is an impressive building from early industrial days.
The Sayner Hütte with the casting hall in the center is a total work of art. The Sayner Hütte was honored by the Federal Chamber of Engineers in 2010 as a historic landmark in civil engineering.
Iron was once melted here and poured into machine parts and utensils, but the finest cast iron was also made. Today, this time can be experienced again through an exhibition on history and a staging of the blast furnace. The casting hall from 1830 is an architectural masterpiece, which seems to consist almost entirely of cast iron and glass. From 1815 to 1865 it belonged to the Prussian crown and was the third location of the "Royal Prussian Iron Foundries" after Gliwice and Berlin. Today, the foundry is probably the only surviving testimony in the world that reminds of the beginning of this era in a great construction. Her "genius" is the combination of new thinking and built beauty.