Burg Osterspai

Burg Osterspai

56340 Osterspai

Former moated castle with chapel, wine press house and castle garden.

The pretty Jakobuskapelle (St. James‘s Chapel) with its artistic wall painting belong to this former moated castle. The Castle complex once served as a noble estate and was first of all in the mutual possession of the Ganerben from Liebenstein Castle; from 1422 onwards, the lords of Liebenstein were the sole owners. Von der Burg is a three-storeyed keep with a stone and half-timber annex which has been preserved from the early 20th century. Osterspai Castle is currently in private ownership. Church and civil wedding ceremonies can be held in the chapel. The wine press house and castle garden also offer space for functions, and cultural events are likewise occasionally held in the latter.

Burg Osterspai